This year there will be Marshal 75th anniversary celebrations up and down the land as the Marshall Club marks the introduction of the Series 1 Field Marshall tractor. The club was initially set up as The Field Marshall Club, in 1988, by Peter Anderson and Wally Hawkins, but it now covers all the products made by Marshalls of Gainsborough, from 1848 to 1998, as well as the crawler tractors built by Fowlers of Leeds, from the Gyrotiller to the Challenger 33.
It’s a friendly organisation, that’s dedicated to helping its members and providing news, inspirational restoration stories and historical articles in its A4 quarterly magazine. Anyone wishing to join the club should visit the its website at themarshallclub.com for further details. Alternatively, email enquiries can be made to: email@example.com
The first production Field Marshall tractor was manufactured in June/July 1945 and, to celebrate the 75th anniversary of this landmark, the Marshall Club will be attending various events throughout 2020.
We would like to invite all Marshall and Fowler enthusiasts to join us in these celebrations, by exhibiting their vehicles on the club stand at any of the following events:
- Tractor World – February 22nd-23rd, 2020, at the Three Counties Showground, Malvern WR13 6NW
- Stradsett Park Vintage Rally – May 2nd-3rd, 2020, just East of Downham Market PE33 9HA
- Tractor Fest – June 6th-7th, 2020, at Newby Hall, Ripon HG4 5AE
(The club is aiming to display 75 Marshall tractors, including as many Series 1s as possible)
- Marshalls Yard Father’s Day Meeting – June 21st, 2020, at Marshalls Yard, Gainsborough DN21 2NA
(Bring your Marshall back to the site where it was built!)
- Newark Tractor Show – November 7th-8th, 2020, at Newark Showground NG24 2NY
The club looks forward to seeing as many of you as possible out and about this year, to celebrate this notable, 75th anniversary.
The Marshall Club
SS Sir Walter Scott’s anniversary scrapped