Permanent premises wanted!

Posted by Chris Graham on 26th October 2020

Permanent premises

Permanent premises wanted!: A Carmichael Mk.12A; the only one of its kind, built in 1990 and delivered to RAF Brize Norton.

The Museum of RAF Firefighting is desperate for new, permanent premises, where its extensive collection can be housed securely and safely. Anyone who can help with suggestions about a suitable new location, is asked to get in touch with the museum at: 14 Billet Lane, Normanby Enterprise Park, Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire DN15 9YH, tel: 01522 730198, email: enquiry@firemuseum.co.uk.

To illustrate the variety of machinery the museum currently has to offer, here’s a selection of photographs showing some of the vehicles that can be found on display there.

Permanent premises

A prototype Green Goddess – the only one of its type.

As with most operations of this sort, money is tight – especially at the moment – so readers are also being asked to make a donation to the cause. This can be done quickly and easily online at: firemuseum.uk, where visitors can make a one-off donation, or join the Standing Order Supporters Scheme by setting-up a standing order for as little as £1 per month.

The Museum of RAF Firefighting is a registered charity (Number 1172939) so can claim back gift aid from any donation made by a UK, and the organisation would like to thank everyone who supported it so far, and those who might consider doing so in the future.

Permanent premises

A 1956 Dennis F12, fitted with a 55ft Bailey Wheeled Escape Ladder.

For a money-saving subscription to Heritage Commercials magazine, simply click here

 

A 1973 Thornycroft/Dennis Nubian Mk.9 Major Crash Tender. This example is production Number 1.

 

A TACR1 (Truck Aircraft Rescue Mk.1), which was based at Royal Naval Air Station Portland.

 

A 1956 Dennis F12, which was based at the Royal Navy Ammunition Depot at Broughton Moor, in Cumbria.

 

A Bedford Green Goddess.

 

Permanent premises

A Bedford Mountain 4×4, that was introduced in 1985 and used for firefighting on RAF sites which had Bloodhound missiles.

 

Permanent premises

A Mk.6 Alvis/Pyrene Crash Truck.

 

 

SubscribeSubscribe
3 issues for £5!

Subscribe to Old Glory magazine today and receive your first 3 issues for just £5!